Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fes, Morocco... Africa!!!





























So now I can say I've been to Africa, which let me tell you was quite the experience. Our 5 night, 6 day excursion began on the 26th of March and ended on the 31st of March. We flew out of Barcelona in Fes, a city in Morocco, which is where our hotel was located. Our hotel was a Dar and was similar almost to that of a palace. We had our own interior courtyards, own little private separate entrances to our rooms, Arabic patterns all over, etc.

The first night we got there, we had a 5 or 7 course dinner, I'm not really sure, needless to say, it was a ton of food. We had Moroccan Soup, (which was delicious and I had everyday for lunch and dinner), Tanjine chicken I believe, some fruit salad, bread, and even pigeon (which I guess wasn't to bad). After the feast we just hung out and all went to bed to get ready for the excursion the next day. We met for breakfast everyday at 8 AM so that by 9AM we would be out and about in the Medina (this means Old City), which let me tell you the streets are tiny!!! You will see in the pictures I post. We saw everything from Donkey's to people playing music, and interesting pharmacies. Oh, before I forget to mention, I had at every meal, including breakfast, Mint Tea, which was really, really good... I bought some.

Anyway, we walked around a ton and saw many places with super decorated patterns and interiors. We took a day trip to Meknes where we stopped at places along the way and it was awesome because the landscape in Morocco is beautiful. Although the weather wasn't that great, that didn't stop us from enjoying our time there. We braved the trip and kept on going strong till the end. The whole entire trip I still couldn't believe I was in Africa. It was an awesome adventure, which I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Is that Jenna sticking out between Cisco and John? She looks like she's up to something while the guys are all absorbed by something else! Guay! muy comica!
    Las fotos son checilecis!

    ReplyDelete