Sunday, March 22, 2009

Montserrat, Parc Guell, Casa Mila, Barcelona!!!














So its been awhile since I've updated you on my trip... It is definitely not because I did not have anything to update you on. This past weekend, a special someone visited and I played the role of tour guide. It was definitely a full weekend as much walking and sight seeing was involved. Not only did we see Barcelona, but we also went to Montseratt which is about an hour outside of Barcelona and is about a little 3,000 Feet high (you'll see what I mean from the pictures!)

Montseratt was awesome getting in tune with nature and experiencing first hand how people actually carved out mountains and settled down there. In addition, taking the tour of Casa Mila and seeing the roof was incredible. The way he frames certain things and just uses the two courtyards to bring in light to the apartments are very thoughtful. Once again, Guadi amazes me. I always learn something new from his works, no matter how many times I visit them. In all, it was a great weekend and I am exhausted from it, but I am a good exhausted. I am ready for the new week, and soon I will be in Africa, which I would have never in my wildest dreams thought I'd visit. Until then, hope this was entertaining, and definitely stay posted for news on my trip to Africa.

1 comment:

  1. you can bet that i'll follow you all the way to Africa and beyond. :)

    ReplyDelete